Earn Your Diploma
Free Diploma & Career Certificate for Adults
No high school diploma? Get a second chance to finish what you started. You can earn an accredited high school diploma for free online in just 18 months or less through LA County Library and the Career Online High School program. You’ll also receive a career certificate and personalized online career coaching.
This self-paced adult high school diploma program is free to those who fit our program requirements and allows you to do all your studying online, to fit your busy life. It is a fully accredited education that will allow you to pursue your educational, career, and personal goals. You can even transfer credits from eligible high school or GED courses that you have successfully completed.
- Take the quick Are You Ready Survey to determine that you meet the program requirements.
- Complete a prerequisite course in 2 weeks or less.
- Participate in an interview with library staff.
- Attend a Virtual Orientation to prepare you for program success.
- Congratulations! You have been admitted into the program. You must complete two courses in the 30-day probationary period in order to keep your seat.
- Be an adult age 19 and older
- Be a resident of the LA County Library service area
- Have a library account in good standing, or sign up for one
Unlike some other free online diploma programs, Career Online High School is fully accredited as an online school district by COGNIA, A global network of educators dedicated to your priorities. COGNIA provides nationally recognized accreditation for 36,000 institutions across the United States and in 85 countries worldwide. This means that Career Online High School is recognized across the nation as a quality school system, delivering an accredited online high school diploma.
Childcare & Education
Food & Hospitality
General Career Preparation
Home Care Professional
Hospitality & Leisure
Intro to Manufacturing
Retail Customer Service
Career Online High School offers a supportive community of certified instructors, academic coaches, and career mentors who care about your success and are there for you every step of the way. Each student is assigned an academic coach who offers ongoing support and connects you with additional instructional help when needed. In addition to your accredited diploma and career certificate, you’ll get help creating your cover letter and resumé, and researching, locating, and contacting potential employers.